This morning, I was looking for a better pot to host a bunch of basil seedlings which have some ‘growing troubles’. Not having a pot in that size available, I automatically looked into our recycle bag, to see what could be of use to create a pot. I came up with using a soup can (actually tomato paste tin), with a can opener I made some openings in the bottom lit, which I made a bit larger by wiggling around with a knife in the openings. As catcher for the moisture, I used the lit of a plastic yoghurt pot. Ofcourse, you can decorate or paint the can, but for me, it looks cool in my place as is.
Another simple and cheap solution, recycling materials which were about to be thrown! Perfect pot for my basil seedlings!